Sunday, July 17, 2005

A taste of home


E Pluribus Unum, originally uploaded by olivander.

I went to the Bear Creek pow wow today. And I thought Kansas City was bad--it was just as hot, with humidity. It's amazing the pow wow dancers didn't pass out from the heat. As it was, they were doing shorter dances, taking frequent breaks, and alternating dancers so no one spent too much time out in the circle.

Unfortunately, I got paged and had to go into work 1/2 an hour into the ceremonies. The photos I took in that time were few and not very good. The handful that I uploaded to Flickr were the best of that crop, doing what I could with the material I had to work with. I'm not very happy with the results. I may go back for the 2nd day tomorrow, but it's supposed to be even hotter (97), so I don't know if I will or not. But I want to buy one of those linen shirts, and Arvel Bird's Totem Animals CD. Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home