Friday, July 15, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday

This Friday's theme: the '80s.

Something from the '80s you can't let go of.
Things I can't let go of from the '80s
Yes, it's that legendary ball team of eternal suckiness rivaled only by the Chicago Cubs: the Kansas City Royals. They did win the World Series once. Twenty years ago. They will again. Someday. Really. Stop laughing. Accompanying the Royals is my faithful, fuzzy companion Gizmo. For some reason, wherever I have set up shop, Gizmo has not been far away. Hmm... Perhaps if we fed the Royals after midnight...

A picture of you from the '80s.
The only known photo of me from the '80s
Seriously, I couldn't find any others. Not even my graduation photos. Sure, I could've scanned the yearbook, but how awful would that have looked? Certainly not worse that what I've posted, you say? Well, yah, you're probably right, but I definitely look cooler in this photo.

A CD or movie you have from the '80s.
Some albums from the '80s
I didn't own any CDs during the '80s. I do, however, own lots of vinyl, most of it as dorky as this stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Awww Gizmo. I forgot how much I loved him!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

OMG!! Gizmo! I loved tht little shit!lol

Cool pics!:-)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

GIZ! I named my cat after Gizmo!!

You're totally awesome for playing!!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson and THRILLER on vinyl! I'm so old.
Gizmo scared the bejeebers out of Oldest son when he saw it at the movies. The trailer had no warnings that the cute little guy was going to turn so vicious and ugly.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Backblog said...

ha, I love those glasses. WEre they photo-grey?

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home