Monday, March 07, 2005

Not much to say

--After a way-too-expensive weekend in the Cities* I sat down and did some much-needed updates to Machines of Loving Grace. Most of the changes are subtle design improvements. I added a few typewriters I've recently aquired, redid the thumbnails, made the font size consistent throughout, re-ordered the machines into chronological order, and placed each page's entries in a table to make the spacing more consistent. At some point I'd like to replace the old scanned photographs with digital camera pictures. The digicam pics seem much sharper and brighter. But that's for another weekend.

--McDonald's has shamrock shakes! I shouldn't. They're so unhealthy. I really shouldn't. I'm trying to lose weight as it is. But...but...but...

--Found a great book called Shadows Over Baker Street. It's an anthology of stories about Sherlock Holmes confronting Lovecraftian horrors. Neil Gaiman & Barbara Hambly are among the contributors. I can't wait to read it.

--I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that I hatehatehate driving in Minneapolis.

*I really must have the folks at Uncle Hugo's/Uncle Edgar's cut me off after a certain point. Like maybe when the first basket gets full.

2 Comments:

Blogger OtherMichael said...

I haven't been to Uncle Hugo's since I bought my hardcover of "Mona Lisa Overdrive" in 1987. :::sigh:::

8:07 AM  
Blogger Olivander said...

I remember that. I believe it was Sept, 1988, because the publication date of your copy was October, 1988. You actually bought it before it was supposed to have been released! We thought that was pretty cool at the time.

Later I actually found a pre-first-edition advance reading copy.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home