Friday, February 18, 2005

The new fear

Part of my job is managing antivirus protection on all of our servers. So I was fairly amused when I noticed posters and flyers going up all over campus promoting "Computer Anti-Virus Awareness". I'd scan one in for y'all to see, but quite honestly I just don't care enough. Basically, they feature black-&-white mug shots of people who have supposedly allowed viruses to infiltrate the network through their carelessness. Slapped across each person's forehead is the word "GUILTY" in red stencil. At the bottom it says, "Don't let this happen to you! Learn how to protect your computer against unwanted intruders by visiting [blah, blah, blah]". To me they looked just like...World War II propaganda posters. So...I downloaded images of a few famous posters and modified them with an antivirus awareness them. Click on the thumbnails to see the full-size versions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home